Friday, January 19, 2007

There's not much a hockey game, a few beers and good sex won't fix

Last night, we were given second row seats to see the Florida Panthers and Toronto Maple Leafs play a heart pounding, body beating, bloody game of hockey. I don't mind watching football or basketball on TV, but I really think Hockey is the best sport to watch in person, especially, close up and right next to the ice. There's just something about watching huge guys with sticks beat the hell out of each other that brings out that primative grrrrr in you. One guy got hit in the face pretty close to us and bled on the ice. After they threw him a towel and he skated off, the ref and goalie just scraped the blood in the ice till it froze and then kicked it aside. Awesome! Most of the rules and such were lost on Larry and me, but we had fun watching the guys fly around the rink. I definitely want to go again.

2 comments:

Ballpoint Wren said...

Heh, Erika! You made me snort milk out my nose!

Anonymous said...

Oh Erika how great it is to meet another woman who likes ice hockey! I saw you on Bonnies Super Sabato. You and I both blogged about the great sport of hockey. My husband forced me to go once last year and now I have been to about 10 events and I just love it! I am a nice quiet church going country girl during the week but when hockey season starts one night a week i'm in the stands screaming "kick his ass!!" to my favorite hockey cutie! What a great sport!