Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday Mention

The lesson featured today is on of my favorites so far, and it wasn't even our pastor giving it. The series is still Surviving the House of Blues and the lesson was A Layman's Guide to Depression. The speaker was Don Southerland and he offered personal stories to relate the scientific/medical information to the general public. I'm not sure what it was exactly that drew me to the information; maybe just the way he presented it. Mr. Southerland is a very captivating speaker. He presented four types of depression and has each of the four people in his family suffer from one of the ways, he was able to give an emotional account of the toil depression can have on people. He finished the service by offering ways to get help, and he also didn't bash medication as some religious people may. I enjoyed this service so much, I bought copies of the CD for my mom and friend.

No comments: