Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday Mention

I can't really say enough how much I love attending worship services at Church by the Glades. It's odd even for me, who grew up going to church, to actually feel as though I am getting something out of each service. It's like going to a college class, but for free! The website for the church has started podcasting the services, so I thought on Mondays, I could give a brief synopsis and if it is something you are interested in, then download the message for your own benefit. It looks as though they are pretty caught up and are running only a week behind, so I'll start there, which is the new series: Escaping the House of Blues.

The Thrill is Gone - Although most people are joyous throughout the holiday season, it is also a time of depression for some and this first lesson featured Elijah, who within one chapter went from being on top of the world to wanting to die. Pastor David expressed that we are not alone in being depressed, biblical figures also suffered from "the blues." This series is near and dear to me because I come from a line of women who suffered with depression, and I struggle with it myself. I'm looking forward to the remaining services.

No comments: